Thank you for choosing Parkway Cardiology Associates for your heart care. Below is patient information to help you prepare for your appointment.
Parkway Cardiology Associates Patient Information
We see new patients who have a diagnosed heart problem or who are referred by another doctor by appointment only.
For your first office visit, please bring a recent EKG and the actual films of a chest X-ray. If these aren’t available, we will do an EKG and chest X-ray in the office. During your initial appointment, we’ll discuss your medical history, perform a physical examination, and if indicated, any necessary diagnostic testing or procedures.
A new patient visit requires approximately 30 minutes of examination time. We evaluate whether your symptoms are cardiac related and whether therapy is indicated. If additional non-cardiac evaluation is needed, we are glad to recommend appropriate specialists and coordinate your care with them.
Subsequent visits usually take 15 minutes of examination time. When you call for your follow-up appointment, relay any address or insurance changes to our receptionist.
In respect for our medical team, staff, and other patients, please call us at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment time if you need to cancel or reschedule. This allows us to use this time to treat other patients.
We accept many insurance plans. Click here for a complete list. We will request co-pay payments at the time of your visit. Be sure to let us know if your insurance coverage changes.
Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. Copays, co-insurance and deductibles are due prior to seeing your medical provider.
Bring the following:
- Current insurance card
- Valid government-issued photo ID
- Any medications you are currently taking in their original containers
- If you have been referred to our office by another healthcare provider, please contact our office prior to your visit to make sure all necessary paperwork and referral information has been provided.
- If you are a new patient and this is your first visit, please be sure to bring a recent EKG and the actual films of a chest X-ray.
- Patient Information Form
- Patient Consent and Release
- Registration Agreement – English
- Registration Agreement – Spanish
- Medical Records Release
- Stress Test Questionnaire
- No Show Policy
- Patient Satisfaction Survey
To provide you with the best possible care, please ask for prescription refills during your office visit. If this is not possible and you need a refill prior to your next scheduled appointment, please contact your pharmacy to fulfill your request.
Please note that for safety reasons, we do not refill prescriptions after hours.
Click here for our secure patient portal where you can easily access your health information.
We encourage our patients to participate in their health care. That’s why we want to make sure you have information to make informed decisions. Access our health information library and patient education videos on different health topics.
Health Information Library
Through our health information library you have access to:
- Health news and tips
- Health and wellness articles on diseases, conditions, tests, procedures, and immunizations recommended by age group and gender
- Reference library about prescription and over-the-counter drugs
- Healthy recipes
- Multimedia library with videos and podcasts
- Interactive tools including calculators, risk assessments, quizzes, symptom checker, and care guides
- E-mail reminders and goals
Visit the health information library at www.covenanthealth.com/health-library.
Patient Education Videos
Visit the Covenant Health YouTube channel for animated patient education videos on women’s health and other topics.
Questions about our patient information?
For more information about the cardiac services and conditions treated at Parkway Cardiology Associates or to make an appointment, please call, call (865) 482-4078.